The National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT) is an independent credentialing organization that has tested healthcare professionals and instructors throughout the United States since 1989. NCCT provides multiple qualifying paths for certification in the following roles:
- ECG Technicians
- Insurance & Coding Specialists
- Medical Assistants
- Medical Office Assistants
- Phlebotomy Technicians
Applicants must be a high school graduate, or equivalent, and be a graduate of approved course of study in the area of desired certification. Online testing is offered each month. For more information, please call 805.579.6200, ext. 1624.
Application for testing must be submitted to NCCT at least two weeks prior to test date.
Day of Test
Students must be in class at 9:00 am sharp for testing instructions. No admission after 9:00 am. Test immediately follows instructions. All examinations are approved for reimbursement by the Veteran's Administration.
Test fees must be paid directly to NCCT. Simi Institute collects sitting fee ONLY.
- $119 - Exam fee for Medical Assistant, Medical Office Assistant, ECG Technician, Phlebotomy Technician, Insurance & Coding Specialist, Patient Care Technician, and Certified Postsecondary Instructor exams.
- $199 - Exam fee for Tech in Surgery - Certified exams.
- $35 - Sitting fee for Simi Institute (all examinees must pay this fee)
Dates: July 28; August 11; September 15; October 13; November 17; December 15
Time: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm