NASM Certified Personal Trainer and Exam Preparation Voucher Included
This class is 100% online. Start any time.
Certified Personal Trainer FAQs
HOW DO PERSONAL TRAINERS HELP THEIR CLIENTS?
- Personal trainers provide information, motivation and guidance for individuals and groups who want to maintain or improve their health. Personal trainers may address diet and nutrition, exercise and mental and emotional wellbeing as part of their regimes. Many personal trainers work with individual clients, while others affiliate with health-related organizations.
IS CERTIFICATION IMPORTANT FOR A PERSONAL TRAINING CAREER?
- Yes. Certification is extremely important due to the close working relationship with clients, their health and their physical abilities. This requires domain-expert knowledge as well as discretion and trustworthiness. Earning a certification such as the NASM's CPT indicates to clients, prospective employers and partners that a personal trainer meets the highest standards of quality and reliability.
WHERE DO PERSONAL TRAINERS WORK?
- Personal trainers may work in private or public settings. Some work in clients' homes or private offices. Others are affiliated with health clubs, clinics or sports-related groups and facilities. Still others may work in hospitals, retirement communities or other group settings.
As individuals, employers and health organizations become more aware of the role physical fitness plays in health and longevity, career opportunities for personal trainers are on the rise. Certifications such as those offered by the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) can provide an efficient route to a personal trainer career. This 100% online course will provide you with the health, fitness, nutrition, and human movement knowledge needed to earn the NASM's Certified Personal Trainer (CPT) credential.
- Prepare to take and pass the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) Certified Personal Trainer (CPT) exam
- Master health and fitness topics, including nutrition, program design, human movement science, and fitness assessments
- Learn and practice teaching, customer service, and first aid skills
- Develop organizational and communication skills
There are no specific prerequisites for taking this course.
INTRODUCTION AND RESISTANCE TRAINING CONCEPTS
- Physical activity guidelines as they relate to the Optimum Performance Training (OPT) model
HUMAN MOVEMENT ASSESSMENTS/FITNESS TESTING AND EVALUATION
- Major muscles and their functions; subjective, objective and performance assessments
CONCEPTS OF INTEGRATED TRAINING - FLEXIBILITY, CARDIORESPIRATORY AND CORE
- Principles of human movement and flexibility; benefits of cardiorespiratory fitness and Proper exercise techniques
CONCEPTS OF INTEGRATED TRAINING - BALANCE, PLYOMETRIC AND SAQ
- Training concepts, including balance, plyometric (reactive) and speed, agility, and quickness (SAQ)
DESIGN OF FITNESS PROGRAMS AND MODALITIES
- Program design using the OPT model; acute training variables and exercise modalities
HUMAN MOVEMENT SCIENCE/EXERCISE MODALITIES AND TECHNIQUE
- Structure and function of the human body; functions of anatomy and physiology during exercise
SPECIAL POPULATIONS, NUTRITION, AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Program design adaptations for individuals with health impairments or physical conditions
CERTIFICATION EXAM PREPARATION
- Test taking strategies, practice exam; review NASM's standards of professional practice as a professional fitness trainer
- The US Bureau of Labor Statistics lists career opportunities for fitness trainers and instructors among its top choices between now and 2028. Jobs are expected to grow by 13%, over twice the expected growth rate for jobs overall.
- According to Salary.com, personal trainers in the US earn on average $61,223 per year. The site notes that a personal trainer's income can depend on a wide variety of factors, but expects the amount to range between $44,190 and $75,214.
- The BLS analysis also anticipates improvements in fitness technology, fitness-related employment benefits and changing demographics to enhance career opportunities for personal trainers.
This is a self-paced course. However, support will be provided through email, online forms and phone.