CompTIA Certification Training Network Security Voucher Included
Information Technology (IT) specialists who deploy networks and manage secure systems are among the industry's most in-demand participants. For IT professionals who want to earn certification for their competencies in network operations and cybersecurity, the Network+ and Security+ certifications from the Computing Technology Industry Association (CompTIA™) offer unsurpassed value and industry recognition. This 100% online course prepares you to sit for and pass CompTIA™ Network+ and Security+ exams. Enrollment includes an optional voucher to cover exam fees.
- Understand and explain a variety of networking concepts
- Implement best practices to manage networks
- Understand the digital threats, attacks, and vulnerabilities to IT systems
- Implement response procedures, risk mitigation techniques, and security features to IT systems
- Become better prepared for the CompTIA™ Network+ and Security+ certification exams
While there are no official prerequisites to take this course, CompTIA™ recommends at least 9 to 12 months of networking experience and two years of IT administration experience with a security focus.
This course prepares you to take and pass the COMPTIA™ NETWORK+ N10-007 exam. Key topics include:
- Foundations of Networking and Infrastructure
- Addressing, Protocols, and Routing
- Cabling and Wireless Networking
- Virtualization and the Cloud, Subnets, and VLANs
- Risk Management and Security
- Network Performance and WANs
This course prepares you to take and pass the COMPTIA™ SECURITY+ SY0-501 exam. Key topics include:
- Security Attacks and Cryptography
- Security and Networking
- Securing Networks and Clients
- Mobile Security and Access Management
- Business Continuity and Risk Mitigation
David Grimes has more than 10 years of management and leadership experience in the private and non-profit sectors. Grimes is passionate about technology and education, having worked as academic dean, student services director, technology coordinator, teacher, consultant, and technology columnist. He holds a Master of Education and a Bachelor of Science from Ohio State University, both in Technology Education.
This course is open enrollment. You can enroll and begin any time.
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) expects 5% job growth for Computer Network Architects between now and 2029. This is faster than the average growth forecast for all jobs. For Information Security Analysts, the BLS projects 31% job growth in that same timeframe. That makes Information Security Analysts one of the Bureau's fastest-growing career areas.
- According to CompTIA™, many professionals who hold both Network+ and Security+ certifications work as Network Engineers. The CompTIA™ IT Earning Index indicates that:
- beginning Network Engineers (0–2 years’ experience) earn between $45-$65,000 per year;
- salaries for intermediate Network Engineers (3–5 years) range from $75–$95,000.
- expert Network Engineers (6+ years) earn between $110-$150,000 per year.
CompTIA A+, Network+, and Security+ Certification FAQs
WHAT DO THE COMPTIA™ NETWORK+ AND SECURITY+ EXAMS INVOLVE?
The combination of Network+ and Security+ certifications prepares you to design, deploy and manage networks while ensuring their security against attack. The exams thoroughly cover these areas. Key topics include:
- Design and implement functional networks
- Configure, manage, and maintain network devices
- Identify benefits and drawbacks of existing network configurations
- Implement network security, standards, and protocols
- Troubleshoot network problems
- Assess the security posture of a network environment
- Recommend and implement appropriate security solutions
- Monitor and secure hybrid environments, including cloud, mobile, and IoT
- Operate with an awareness of applicable laws and policies, including principles of governance, risk, and compliance
- Identify, analyze, and respond to security events and incidents
IS COMPTIA™ CERTIFICATION VALUABLE?
Glassdoor.com lists CompTIA™ certifications among "The 8 Certifications That Actually Impress Recruiters." According to CompTIA™, 32% of its certified professionals receive pay increases, promotions or other rewards from their employers for completing their certification. High school graduates who earn CompTIA™ certification earn 22% more than their non-certified peers.