Certified Wedding Planner
Wedding planners play an important role in in the planning of a couple’s most important day. This 100% online course will teach you the concepts and techniques behind wedding planning. Upon successful completion of the course, you will receive a Certified Wedding Planner credential from the Wedding Planning Institute.
- Learn the skills required for a job in the wedding and social event industry
- Create event concepts and plan celebrations from beginning to end
- Understand how to negotiate and handle vendor contracts
- Develop client contracts and service packages
There are no prerequisites to taking this course.
- Wedding Industry Overview
- Your Role as a Certified Wedding Planner
- Running Your Own Business
- Documentation and Goals
- Vendor and Venue Selection
- Contracts and Negotiations
- The Traditional Wedding Planner
- Wedding Cultures and Traditions
- Traditional and Non-Traditional Wedding Ceremonies
- The Wedding Gown
- Wedding Music
- Signature Wedding and Events
- Marketing Your Business
- Marketing on a Local Level
- Bridal Shows
- Online Marketing
- Public Relations
- Destination Weddings and Organizational Software
- Expanding Your Business Offerings
This course is 100% online. Start any time.
According to Payscale.com, wedding planners earn over $42,000 a year on average.
Wedding Planner FAQs
WHAT DOES A WEDDING PLANNER DO?
- Wedding planners plan weddings and specific wedding-day activities for their clients. They handle logistics, set and execute on a budget, negotiate vendor contracts, and ensure that wedding-day activities run smoothly.
WHY DO COUPLES HIRE WEDDING PLANNERS?
- Planning a wedding is a full-time job. While some couples choose to not hire a wedding planner to save money, often a wedding planner can lead to more savings in the long-term. As the experts in event planning and management, wedding planners understand how to maximize a budget while ensuring all aspects of the wedding take place as planned.
Cho Phillips is the founder of Lovegevity, Inc. and the Wedding Planning Institute. She has been featured in The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Chicago Tribune, Washington Times, Entrepreneur Magazine, Las Vegas Sun, and has been a guest on NBC, UPN, WB and other nationally-broadcast television and radio stations.